[meta-freescale] I think I am missing some critical link, but am lost trying to find it.

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Wed Jun 25 10:37:01 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: otavio.salvador at gmail.com [mailto:otavio.salvador at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Otavio Salvador
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:05 PM
To: Stephen Munnings
Cc: Daiane Angolini; meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] I think I am missing some critical link, but am lost trying to find it.

Hello Stephen,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Stephen Munnings <Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com> wrote:
> Should CC be overridden in my recipe?  It is a Qt application, and everything is (almost entirely) done by simply adding these lines:
>
> inherit qmake5
> require recipes-qt/qt5/qt5.inc
>
> It seems to be all that is necessary to have qmake read the <app>.pro file, and proceed to compile the application - except for the toolchain not being found..
>
> And, yes, this error is from my Qt application recipe.

Without seeing the .pro file and recipe it is hard to guess but maybe you're mangling the PATH variable or has a hardcoded call to the GCC binary. Please check if the generated Makefiles seems sensible.

-----End Original Message-----

Hi Otavio,

Where would I find the generated Makefiles?
I cannot seem to find them.  I even did a "find" on the entire build/ directory, but none of the Makefile matches were for the Qt application.

I have looked through the .pro file, and recipe, and see nothing that looks like it would change the PATH variable, or constitute a hardcoded call to the GCC binary.

Is it normal to have to specify the PATH for finding the cross-toolchain when building a Qt application?
If so, then there is probably nothing wrong here.

Stephen Munnings
Sr. Design Engineer | 519.594.0976
www.nuvation.com