[meta-freescale] yocto imx53qsb sdcard image (armel vs armhf)

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 05:07:19 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:27 AM, ssinfod ssinfod <ssinfod at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I followed the instructions from this training (Yocto Training -
> HOME) to build a Yocto image for my imx53qsb,
>

> The Yocto image I got for the imx53qsb doesn't seem to have the armhf
> support. (File: core-image-base-imx53qsb.sdcard)

This is how we change the tune for imx6:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc?h=dora#n34

> Therfore, any programs compiled for armhf are not working in that image..
>

> Is it possible to add armhf support in the imx53qsb yocto image ?

Only if you don´t want GPU and VPU support. Because those packages are
provided as pre-built binary and they are not changable.

> Do I have to change the the local.conf file or another file ? How do I
> specify that I want an armhf image ?

Yes, you can change it on local.conf. See the link I shared

Daiane