[meta-freescale] Linux kernel version for iMX6?

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 05:02:50 PDT 2014

>> Are you using FSL Community BSP or meta-fsl-bsp-release?
>
> I started as documented in fsl-yocto-3.10.17_1.0.0, so I assume meta-fsl-bsp-release

meta-fsl-bsp-release is not supposed to work with outside
L3.10.17-1.0.0-GA release.
And it´s only supposed to be a reference static source code. It means,
when you need to adapt, change any configuration, or version. You
should use FSL Community BSP.

>> What is your target kernel version?
>
> 3.0.35

You can find latest 3.0.35 on Dora:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.0.35.bb?h=dora

>> What is your target u-boot version?
>
> 2009.08

Are you sure?

What Freescale released version?

In dora we have imx_3.0.35_4.0.0:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx_2009.08.bb?h=dora#n25

But I think you can consider to use a newer one.

>> Have you already created your meta layer?
>
> No - I tried but didn't succeed.

So, start over, using only FSL Community BSP. Forget about
meta-fsl-bsp-release because it will not work for you.
When you have only FSL Community BSP, try again to create your own
meta layer. Go step-by-step. Any error or stuck point, post here the
log of your error. Keep the Yocto Project Manual around you.

My suggested steps:

1- install FSL Community BSP (on dora)
2- bitbake core-image-base (if you have access to a sabre sd board, it
would be great to get it tested)
3- detect your target linux and u-boot
4- create your empty meta layer
5- create your machine based on sabresd