[meta-freescale] xserver-xorg build failure

Thomas Elste thomas.elste at imms.de
Wed Jun 11 08:01:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to build an Angstrom 2013.12 image for Sabre Board using
Angstrom setups-scripts. This fails for me while compiling
xserver-xorg_1.14.0 with the following error messages:

-------
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:7930: Error: thumb conditional instruction should be in IT block -- `strexeq r1,r0,[r2]'
{standard input}:7931: Error: thumb conditional instruction should be in IT block -- `movne r1,#1'
-------

And some more of this. The source of these error messages is some inline
assembler included through drm.h from staging directory. The assembler section
in question gets added by meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/drm/libdrm_%.bbappend.

I was able to resolve this and compile successfully by adding the (missing?)
"ite" instruction to the assembler block to make it Thumb2 compatible. But I'm
not sure if this is the right way. This could be a toolchain problem, too.
Did somebody else encountered this problem while building images for imx6? Whats
your opinion on how to fix this?

Thanks a log and regards
Thomas

PS:

Steps to reproduce:

git clone https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
cd setup-scripts
git checkout angstrom-v2013.12-yocto1.5
MACHINE="imx6qsabresd" ./oebb.sh config imx6qsabresd
echo 'ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"' >> conf/local.conf
bitbake xserver-xorg