[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm-extra] Strange audio behaviour on SabreLite

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jun 10 11:09:36 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-10 12:02, Daiane Angolini wrote:

>>> Do you know how your HDMI audio is configured?
>>

>> Default image, built using Yocto (no tailoring).
>
> I don't remember what is the default for sabrelite board.
>

>> The odd thing is that the SGTL-5000 works perfectly if I never
>> plug in the HDMI.
>
> It looks like, for me, your audio is configured to use the HDMI audio
> (spdif?) when it's present, by default
>
> aplay -l to see your cards
>
> asound.conf or asound.state to see your configuration
>
> for example:
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-bsp/alsa-state/alsa-state/mx6?h=master

All this is working as expected, but it's not what I'm asking about.

The problem is that if I plug in the HDMI, I can *NEVER* use the
internal (SGTL5000) audio again, even when I unplug the HDMI.
Neither rebooting, nor resetting the  board using the switch
restores the internal audio.  However, if I cycle the power
and boot with the HDMI not connected, it works again.