[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm-extra] Strange audio behaviour on SabreLite

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 11:02:36 PDT 2014

>>> I'm using the 3.0.35 kernel on my SabreLite.  I found that
>>> once I plug in an HDMI monitor, the SGTL-5000 audio vanishes.
>>> It stays missing, even when the board is reset (switch or
>>> by reboot), until a power cycle.
>>

>> Do you know how your HDMI audio is configured?
>

> Default image, built using Yocto (no tailoring).

I don't remember what is the default for sabrelite board.

> The odd thing is that the SGTL-5000 works perfectly if I never
> plug in the HDMI.

It looks like, for me, your audio is configured to use the HDMI audio
(spdif?) when it's present, by default

aplay -l to see your cards

asound.conf or asound.state to see your configuration

for example:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-bsp/alsa-state/alsa-state/mx6?h=master

Daiane