[meta-freescale] Ideal Image Recipe

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:19:21 PDT 2014

> I'm curious about what image recipe is ideal for my purposes. The

The ideal image it that one you are about to create.

YP/poky provides you example of images you may use for testing and evaluation.

Your idea image is that one you will create.

But don´t be nervous, when you are ready, you will understand that you
need your own image

(it´s looking like a yoda quote, #aloka)

> environment I need has to be able to run a video player using Gstreamer and
> the X Windowing system (for now), as well as utilizing a number of libraries

Start using core-image-sato and add the gstreamer packagegroup you would prefer.

You can use fsl-image-machine-tesst for a full gstreamer (you can add
sato if you want)

> from OpenGLES v2.0 and EGL. What image recipe is the quickest and smallest
> but still supplies all of this functionality?

core-image-x11 gives you xterm accelerated by hardware

Daiane