[meta-freescale] Atheros AR6103 imx28evk

Alejandro.Lozano at freescale.com Alejandro.Lozano at freescale.com
Mon Jun 2 14:57:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

I wonder if someone has been able to use the AR6103 for the imx28evk. I was able to generate the .ko modules using the mainline kernel.
The wireless-tools are added in the rootfs but I cannot find a way to include the atheros firmware.  The /lib/firmware/ath6k folder and files do not exist.
I have found instructions for the imx6q but I do not know if they apply for the imx28evk.

For example:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.meta-freescale/3068

And

"We just fixed this for upcoming release.  We had to update the MACHINE_EXTRA_RECOMMENDS which are set in imx-base.inc

+MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS_append_mx6q = " firmware-imx-vpu-imx6q firmware-imx-ath6k"
+MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS_append_mx6dl = " firmware-imx-vpu-imx6d firmware-imx-ath6k"

Make sure to cleanall your packagegroup-base to include it. "

Does anybody have the steps to make the AR6103 work in the imx28evk?
Thanks a lot!!

Best Regards,
Alejandro