[meta-freescale] HDMI on i.MX6

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Jun 2 13:07:07 PDT 2014

I have some questions about HDMI display on i.MX6, the
SabreLite / Nitrogen6x in particular.

When I boot with my HDMI monitor attached, U-Boot finds it
and tells me:
   auto-detected panel HDMI
   Display: HDMI (1024x768)

Then Linux is booted with these arguments:
   video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24
I know that these parameters come from the boot script, but
they seem to be hard coded.  What if I wanted different display
parameters?  These values don't seem to work very well for my
monitor - stuff is being cut off on all edges.  Perhaps my
monitior isn't the best so I'd like some guidance on how to
tune things.  I've attached a picture of the actual screen
so you can see what I mean.

Thanks