[meta-freescale] imx6q: support in mainline Linux kernel ?

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:47:01 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Jean-Michel Hautbois
> <jean-michel.hautbois at vodalys.com> wrote:

>>> Wasn´t IPU code under staging? Almost being promoted?
>>>
>>> And for VPU, I don´t know if it´s complete (I think it´s not), but
>>> would it be under CODA name?
>>>
>>> For GPU, maybe etnaviv has the integration......
>>>
>>> (I´m sorry, I don´t have concrete facts to share, only mismatched
>>> memories from past discussions.)
>>>

>> Otavio maybe, as I can see you are the maintainer of the linux-fslc
>> repository on github ?
>> Having a complete mainline support for i.MX6 would be great but I know
>> this is hard to achieve.
>
> The linux-fslc is in fact the mainline plus bugfixes/backports. We
> need that people ask for patches to be backported.

Are you sure you two are talking about the same thing?

JM, a complete mainline support for i.MX6 is fantastic. However it
must be done in kernel.org

Otavio, which patches to be backported are you talking about?

I only don´t want to have misunderstandings

Daiane