[meta-freescale] Qt5_CinematicExperience

Redwan Zumi redwan at zumisolutions.com
Thu Jul 24 02:46:32 PDT 2014

Hello,
I used QT Embedded (qte-in-use-image) recipe with daisy (which has QT4 by default) and able to run smarthome QT demo successfully in custom i.MX6DL board with HDMI.
Now I want to test QT5 Cinematic Experience with daisy in HDMI, hence followed below steps1. git clone -b dora https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5.git2. Added meta-qt5 in bblayers.conf3. Added below lines in local.confEXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks ssh-server-openssh "IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gcc g++ binutils libgcc libgcc-dev libstdc++ libstdc++-dev libstdc++-staticdev \tslib-conf tslib-tests tslib-calibrate openssh-sftp-server alsa-lib alsa-tools alsa-state alsa-utils-alsaconf \tslib evtest dbus nano qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase-plugins qtbase-examples cinematicexperience gstreamer \cairo pango fontconfig freetype pulseaudio "4. bitbake qte-in-use-image5. Qt5_CinematicExperience gets generated with yocto file system, but getting below errors while running itroot at imx6qsabresd:~# Qt5_CinematicExperience QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display /usr/bin/Qt5_CinematicExperience: line 4:  2084 Aborted                 /usr/share/cinematicexperience-1.0/Qt5_CinematicExperience $*root at imx6qsabresd:~# Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfsThis application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "eglfs".Available platform plugins are: minimal, offscreen, xcb.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem./usr/bin/Qt5_CinematicExperience: line 4:  2086 Aborted                 /usr/share/cinematicexperience-1.0/Qt5_CinematicExperience $*
Am new to YOCTO, please correct me if I do anything wrong. Thanks.
- Redwan