[meta-freescale] Right lib-imx/firmware-imx ... versions

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:45:32 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Jens Rehsack <rehsack at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 23.07.2014 um 16:19 schrieb Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Jens Rehsack <rehsack at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as mentioned in my very first post here, we're trying to get a board
>>> running with yocto with a bsp for linux-imx-3.0.35_4.1.0 (bdde708).
>>>
>>> As firmware-imx we have 3.0.35_4.0.0 (tried 3.10.17, too - without
>>> difference).
>>
>> Long story short: Stick to one branch and use it, with the kernel
>> version and the imx-lib/gpu/imx-vpu/firmware version already there. It
>> was what we tested someway.
>
> But there is no Yocto support for imx-lib-3.0.35_4.1.0, neither that
> imx-vpu nor gpu-viv-lib-mxq version. Only 3.10.9 and 3.10.17 is included
> (daisy has only 3.10.17).

I don´t remember exactly which version was used in each branch. Sorry.
I can only say to you that using the branch as-is, was enough to my
uses.

>> Or, let´s be more practical. Have you tested your GPU integration?
>> What is the GPU driver version in your kernel, and your GPU user-space
>> version?
>
> Nope, how can I do that (fsl for dummies - I'm happy controlling Yocto
> meanwhile). Just bitbake imx-test or something more?

For this kernel:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.0.35.bb?h=dora

Use this GPU user space
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q?h=dora

hfp or sfp....

The Original 3.0.35-4.0.1 is not compatible with
gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_3.10.9-1.0.0, that´s why there is a patch to upgrade
3.0.35 to GPU driver p13

However, it does not mean that this combination is free of bug.

And remember it´s only a hint. As you said at first, community does
not support linux-imx-3.0.35 any more.

Daiane