[meta-freescale] Yocto Wandboard with Webkitgtk build for OpenGL ES 2.0 ?

Seifert, Thomas (T.) tbruenck at visteon.com
Wed Jul 23 03:11:06 PDT 2014

Hello Community,

I'm using a Wandboard Quad with Yocto 1.6 and kernel 3.10.17.

So far I did build core-image-x11 with this add-ons in my *.bb :
SUMMARY = "brainymode X11 image"
IMAGE_FEATURES += "splash package-management x11-base"
LICENSE = "MIT"
inherit core-image distro_features_check
REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES = "x11"
TOUCH = ' ${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "touchscreen", "tslib tslib-calibrate tslib-tests tslib-conf", "",d)}'
IMAGE_INSTALL += "\
    ${TOUCH} \
"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "\
    gpu-viv-bin-mx6q \
    gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-dev \
    webkit-gtk \
    webkit-gtk-dev \
    pango \
    pango-dev \
"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "\
    tools-sdk \
    tools-debug \
"
With this build I managed to cross compiled and run a small OpenGL ES 2.0 game engine with Bullet Physics on top.

Now I'm trying to setup WebKitGtk. I did build a small C app which runs the Gtk browser . BUT: There is no OpenGL ES 2.0  (needed for WebGL, CSS 3D) support in the browser because the webkit-gtk_1.8.3.bb  has only support for OpenGL ->  see the red marked places below (webkit-gtk_1.8.3.bb) .

My Question is now: What should be the values in the webkit-gtk_1.8.3.bb to build webkitgtk against OpenGL ES 2.0?

.
.
.
DEPENDS += " ${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES<mailto:$%7b at bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES>', 'opengl', 'virtual/libgl', '', d)}"