[meta-freescale] imx6q: support in mainline Linux kernel ?

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 05:32:29 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:52 AM, Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> wrote:
> Le Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:43:41 +0200,
> Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> a écrit :
>

>> Le Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:53:09 +0200,
>> Jean-Michel Hautbois <jean-michel.hautbois at vodalys.com> a écrit :
>> > I can't find VPU/IPU drivers, are they on the mainline tree maintained
>> > by the community ?
>> >
>> if you need IPU you are actually stuck on the Freescale's kernel.
>>
> or you can try this serie which brings IPU support through imx-drm :
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg325638.html

Wasn´t IPU code under staging? Almost being promoted?

And for VPU, I don´t know if it´s complete (I think it´s not), but
would it be under CODA name?

For GPU, maybe etnaviv has the integration......

(I´m sorry, I don´t have concrete facts to share, only mismatched
memories from past discussions.)

Daiane