[meta-freescale] imx6q: support in mainline Linux kernel ?

Jean-Michel Hautbois jean-michel.hautbois at vodalys.com
Mon Jul 21 09:13:22 PDT 2014

Hi all,

We are currently bringing up a custom board (based on sabresd) and
several modifications in the newest kernel (3.15) are interesting us.
But AFAIK, Freescale only supports up to 3.10.17 in the yocto project.

Is there any plan/way to merge the imx6 kernel in the mainline kernel ?
I can see that the sabre sd, and some boundary device boards are
integrated, but I don't know how much differences there is between a
3.15 and the 3.10.17 for instance. I tried to merge using git, but
there are a lot of conflicts.

Thanks in advance,
JM