[meta-freescale] consultation about kernel compiling

lianjf at ava.com.cn lianjf at ava.com.cn
Mon Jul 21 03:09:03 PDT 2014

Hi All
    Can anyone tell me how to compile the kernel afer the step:
    $ mkdir fsl-release-bsp
  $ cd fsl-release-bsp
  $ git config --global user.name "Your Name"
  $ git config --global user.email "Your Email"
  $ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.10.17-1.0.0_ga
    $ repo sync
  MACHINE=< machine name> source fsl-setup-release.sh -b <build directory> -e <backend fb, dfb, wayland, x11>
    bitbake  core-image-base

  But the kernel i get doesnot support dvd-rom,it doesnot has /dev/sr0 or /dev/sg0 etc,so i want to compile the kernel again,but there is no the source code,in which can support the command make menuconfig.
    I follow the article <<Freescale Yocto Project User's Guideas>> as a reference.Any help would be preciated.

Best Regards

Lian jianfei
5F, No.15, Ke Hui 2nd Street, Ke Hui Development Centre Science Avenue, Science City, Luo Gang District Guangzhou, China 510663
TEL: 15989094327
Email: lianjf at ava.com.cn