[meta-freescale] Improving SD-Card images

maciej.borzecki at open-rnd.pl maciej.borzecki at open-rnd.pl
Sun Jul 20 04:13:24 PDT 2014

> Dnia 19 lipiec 2014 o 16:50 Jens Rehsack <rehsack at gmail.com> napisał(a):
>

> Hi,
>
> the options of meta-fsl-arm/classes/image_types_fsl.bbclass to generate
> sdcards are somehow limited :)
>
> For the final release we'd like to have following partitions:
> 1) boot (ext2, fat?)
> 2) prod-root (squashfs)
> 3) recovery-root (squashfs)
> 4) volatile (ext[34]?)
> 5) changes (unionfs over 2)
>
> Looks as if image_types_fsl.bbclass would need rework to support >2 partition,
> but that's just coding.

Have you considered wic? I've posted a patch that adds building of SD card image
for BBB:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.meta-ti/4171 also meta-ti
have already dumped their
sdimg bbclass in favor of wic. Not saying that meta-fsl should do the same, just
pointing out that there may
be some room for unification.

Effectively your list in terms of wic translates to a couple of *.wks files that
cover most common
partition layouts and source plugins for boot image and recovery partition
contents.

wic shares a lot of similarity to mic and *.wks is basically kickstart, so it
should be pretty familiar to anyone
with prior mic/anaconda experience

Maciek