[meta-freescale] gpu-viv-bin-mx6q: missing RDEPENDS on libffi ?

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:49:11 PDT 2014

Hi Otavio,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
wrote:

> Hello Jacob,
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Otavio Salvador <
> otavio at ossystems.com.br>
> > wrote:

> >> So the DEPENDS should be added in gpu-viv-bin-mx6q when using Wayland
> >> backend?
> >>
> >> Jacob, can you cook a patch for this?
> >>

> > I'm not entirely satisfied with that solution I'll have to admit.. I'm
> not
> > using Wayland in my builds, and I am still seeing
> > this floating dependency in the buildhistory package data.
> >
> > [root at localhost lib]# arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-readelf
> libwayland-viv.so.0.0.0
> > -a|grep libffi
> >  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libffi.so.6]
> >
> > Does this not mean that the libwayland-viv.so.0.0.0 library is in fact
> > linked directly to libffi ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > I think this is what OE's automatic dependency-scanner is picking up, and
> > why there is this churn in the buildhistory logs.
>
> You're right.
>
> I think that in case we're not using the Wayland backend we could drop
> those files I think.

I just sent a patch to ml, adding libffi as a DEPENDS. But maybe I was
acting hastily here. Are you
suggesting that we should only generate those packages that correspond to
actually enabled distro features ?
If it is possible, I could try and do it like that, since that would also
get rid of the buildhistory churn I'm getting.
(Since I'm not using Wayland)

/Jacob