[meta-freescale] Developer-Image

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 01:18:03 PDT 2014

Am 10.07.2014 um 22:52 schrieb Trevor Woerner <trevor.woerner at linaro.org>:

> Since these questions aren't really FSL-specific you might find you get
> a better response time (and maybe even better responses!) on the generic
> yocto mailing list :-)

Let's try that :)

> On 07/10/14 16:14, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>> is there an easy way to build an image which contains debug symbols
>
> add "dbg-pkgs" to EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES in conf/local.conf
>
>> and header files?
>
> add "dev-pkgs" to EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES in conf/local.conf

Added both as described in http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html (having a patterns speeds up search ^^) to https://github.com/rehsack/meta-jens/blob/master/recipes-graphics/images/xbmcdev-image.bb (also conf/local.conf, but seems I forgot to push),
but still no debug symbols neither header files.

I found another place (SDKIMAGE_FEATURES) to add, but don't know how to deal with that. What does the sdk-info.txt means?

I lurk for xbmc debug symbols because it crashes very often and I want to get a smell of the root-cause. I don't expect a general xbmc issue, because it would sound different in community than ;)

Additionally, for an internal add-on we're needing libxml2 header files, which are missing either.

Thanks in advance for additional hints.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack