[meta-freescale] pack kernel modules in file system

mk max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 08:23:50 PDT 2014

> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 18:26:50 +0530
> From: jags gediya <jags.gediya at gmail.com>
> To: yocto at yoctoproject.org, meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
> Subject: [meta-freescale] pack kernel modules in file system
>
> I am building yocto for imx6sl evolution kit. After built, all the
> images are available in tmp/deploy/images/imx6slevk
>
> but kernel modules are not available in /lib/modules/... directory of
> the file system.
> some other files are available in /lib/modules/.. like modules.dep
> etc. but kernel modules are not there. Instead modules-imx6slevk.tgz
> file is made with images.
> Is there any way to put these modules in the file system while built?
>
> Thanks,
> Jags

Hi Jags

The kernel recipe splits all kernel modules into separate packages.
Plus it creates a meta package with dependencies on all created kernel
module packages.

Add either the kernel module packages your interested in or add the meta
package to get all modules to your image.

Check you machine's deploy directory for kernel-module* files to get the
package names, kernel-modules is the one which pulls in all.

Regards
Max