[meta-freescale] configuring kernel for imx233

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Jul 11 10:01:27 PDT 2014

Hello Gnichi,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Gnichi Mohamed <gnichimed at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to this world and i am enjoying it for the past week.
> I have the imx233 olinuxino maxi and decider to make a very tiny system for
> it so i choose yocto. The other reason is that i am familiar with gentoo and
> i thought maybe my experience with gentoo could help.
> Well i am on my gentoo and i successfully built core-image-minimal with some
> additional packages and i want to configure and recompile the kernel. so i
> did
> bitbake -c menuconfig linux-fslc
> but some exception about python and other things that i couldn't follow.
> Here is the exceptions http://pastebin.com/CBcLX1j1
> I have  Gentoo x86_64,python2.7

Besides the information Trevor has asked, in his reply, I'd like to
bring up the point that Yocto Project is not /tested/ in Gentoo.

This does not mean it won't work. I use Yocto Project in Debian Sid
(which is also not supported) and it works fine (most of time).

Back to Gentoo; it seems there is a doc[1] where people document some
pitfalls they overcome when using Gentoo as a host. It may be worth a
look and check if all is covered.

1. http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Yocto

Another alternative is to try to use the BuildTools SDK[2] which is
offered as a workaround for non-supported host systems.

2. https://www.yoctoproject.org/download/yocto-project-16-buildtools-sdk

I hope it helps,