[meta-freescale] fsl-community-bsp: signing up for testing

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 05:28:38 PDT 2014

Daiane

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Trevor Woerner
> <trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi Otavio,
>>
>> On 07/05/14 10:17, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Trevor Woerner
>>> <trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
>>> Out of curiosity, any chance the configuration and build information is
>>> available for each image?
>>> What are you looking for specifically?
>>
>> I would be interested in seeing a Weston/Wayland image and a directfb
>> image running. I'd like to be able to build them myself so I can tweak
>> them myself (e.g. maynard?).
>
> The images are built there. What I think it is missing is a document
> which says how we can use Wayland/Weston in i.MX6 specifically.
>
> Daiane, any advice where we should put this information?

There is a tiny step-by-step for weston here (copied from some commit log)
https://github.com/Freescale/Documentation/blob/master/user-guide/source/weston.rst

However, Otavio, there is no way to documet "how we can use
Wayland/weston in i.MX6" unless you want to write another book, this
time more than 300 pages.

Maybe what you're talking about is a single page with the instructions
on how to recreate the pre-built images from OSSystems's repositories.

>> I'm guessing neither of those would work with the imx53qsb board, but I
>> do have a Wandboard-dual which I assume would work?
>
> Yes, MX5 does not have Wayland support or DirectFB at this moment. Use
> Wandboard for now...

Great reminder to me! Add a line in known issues from #RN telling that
wayland support or directfb support is not accelerated in any non-imx6
board, and the SW version is broken right now.

Daiane