[meta-freescale] Minutes of FSL Community BSP Meeting in 2014-07-03

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Fri Jul 4 10:21:24 PDT 2014

On 07/04/2014 12:17 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Bob Cochran <yocto at mindchasers.com> wrote:
>> For example, in the future, when I see a mail thread titled
>> "fsl-community-bsp: signing up for testing", does this mean that we want to
>> test both iMX and QorIQ platforms?   Two different beasts with different
>> developers and customers.
>
> I think so; we can have different test and can try to leverage the use
> of tools for auto-testing to help on this regard.

It's a great goal.

I suggest that for now there should be some clarifications made up front
to help the newcomer sort out the differences between qoriq and iMX
support / maturity that they'll find on the community pages.

There appears to be two landing pages for Freescale community bsp work
product:

1) "Freescale Yocto Project main page":
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1616

2) "FSL Community BSP": http://freescale.github.io

If I come to either of these pages as a qoriq developer, I'm going to
become confused because the reality of the situation is that if I want a
stable, ready to use set of images or source that will build for qoriq,
I need to go to Freescale's web site and download the latest SDK:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=SDKLINUX

As an aside, does Freescale formally test each official Yocto release
(e.g., Daisy) against their suite of qoriq development boards?   I think
they just test their SDK.

My intention is to continue iterating with the help of others on the
"Notes about meta-fsl-ppc and QorIQ development..." that I emailed on
7/2.  Perhaps the notes could become a QorIQ status page that both of
the aforementioned landing sites could include?

Bob