[meta-freescale] Linux kernel version for iMX6?

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:07:33 PDT 2014

Am 24.06.2014 um 19:51 schrieb Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com>:

>> I did a yocto-bsp and watched the result. Needs some tweaking, but looks
>> more reasonable than my patching in sources/meta-fsl-arm :)
>
> For sure!
>
> I feel more confortable with my changes in my layer.
>
>>> 2009.08 is from last century :P
>>
>> Hey, last century wasn't bad at all. I brought us smpt, http, icb, irc and many other cool stuff ;)
>
> <3
>
> cool stuff like me :D
>>> Take a look here:
>>> http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/refs/heads
>>>
>>> And see how much different u-boot_2009.08 releases Freescale made.
>>> Which one you should use?
>>
>> Basically I started with imx_v2009.08_3.0.35_4.1.0 :)
>
> Perfect first step!
>
> You can work in u-boot patchset outside the yocto recipes enviroment.
> Only to make sure you have *the right* patchset to be applied. working
> with an external toolchain.
>
> I mean the objective here is to figure out:
> - base commit log ( imx_v2009.08_3.0.35_4.1.0?)
> - patchset
>
> after that, create the recipe is easy

Meanwhile I had some spare minutes to clean up my bsp layer and uploaded it
to https://github.com/rehsack/meta-jens - next steps will be figuring out
why internal mmc is mmc0 when booting without sd-card in slot and mmc1 when
booting with sd-card and why the system thinks it has 786M instead of 1GB RAM.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack
rehsack at gmail.com