[meta-freescale] u-boot binary for daisy

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Jul 1 16:19:21 PDT 2014

Hello Ilya,

On 07/01/2014 01:21 PM, Ilya Smelykh wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm using sabrelite and I've found that there is no u-boot binary since
> some time in my deploy image directory building it for imx6qsabrelite
> and nitrogen6x machine.
>
>  I've not found any luck to build u-boot-boundary or u-boot-imx recipe
> for master or daisy branch, u-boot-boundary recipe has branch which
> doesn't exists in daisy and master,
> u-boot-imx fails to build because of error described
> here https://community.freescale.com/thread/319716.
>
>  Is it well known bug or I missing something?

You should get a binary in tmp/deploy/nitrogen6x/:

~/yocto$ ls build-nitrogen6x/tmp/deploy/images/nitrogen6x/u-boot*
build-nitrogen6x/tmp/deploy/images/nitrogen6x/u-boot.imx
build-nitrogen6x/tmp/deploy/images/nitrogen6x/u-boot-nitrogen6x.imx
build-nitrogen6x/tmp/deploy/images/nitrogen6x/u-boot-nitrogen6x-v2014.04+gitAUTOINC+6d00ef4bba-r0.imx

Note that 6x_upgrade and u-boot.imx aren't copied to the
SD card by default, since you need to be careful with this
if you're running something other than a Quad-Core/1GiB
configuration (the only SABRE Lite option, and the most
popular Nitrogen6x option).

Details of various images are here:
	http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-updates-for-i-mx6-single-core

Also, unlike other machines, our boards don't require U-Boot
to be on the SD card.

Regards,

Eric