[meta-freescale] fsl framebuffer image ?

David Hill David.Hill at Oracle.com
Fri Jan 31 13:47:30 PST 2014

Thanks Otavio,
   I see now that I picked the wrong machine type for the SDP in this build, which now make clear to me why I had a failure building u-boot. Unfortunately I don't need to do a lot of this so it is easy to stumble on which board is which.

    My need is for fsl-image-fb (or something close to it). Any recent kernel will do as long as I can get the accelerated framebuffer rendering stuff with a handful of other useful items like sshd.

We have several different boards in my group, Freescale and Boundry and maybe even a Wandboard, so I would really prefer not to use the meta-fsl-bsp-release if there is an easier, mainline way that I can understand. (And I guess follow directions).

Any suggestions as to how I should proceed with to get accelerated fb support with fsl-community-bsp other than the earlier suggestion of  qt4e-demo-image?

I really wish that fsl-image-x11 just contained the two needed GL libraries with different postfixes like it used to. (libEGL-fb.so) I don't care about the image size because I am not distributing it.

thanks,
     Dave

--
David Hill <David.Hill at Oracle.com>
Java Embedded Development

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
-- Benjamin Franklin