[meta-freescale] fsl framebuffer image ?

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Jan 31 08:11:58 PST 2014

Hello David,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM, David Hill <David.Hill at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 1/14/14, Jan 14, 9:25 PM, Lauren Post wrote:
>>
>> You can use the one in our meta-fsl-bsp-release layer.  There is one being
>> reviewed based on the one Freescale released in the meta-fsl-bsp-release
>> layer.  Our current 3.10.17-1.0.0 beta has support for all the graphical
>> backends including the related image recipes for each backend.
>>
>> Get meta-fsl-release-layer from git.freescale.com.
>

> Hi Lauren,
>    could I trouble you for a quick question ? I am getting a build failure
> and have not a clue how to proceed.
>
> meta-fsl-bsp-release & git checkout origin/dora_3.10.17-1.0.0_beta
>
> MACHINE=imx6qsabrelite
> bitbake fsl-iamge-fb

Personally I don't use the meta-fsl-bsp-release layer as it's not a
community layer, and we cannot contribute back patches and fixes to
it.

The  release layer is the official way Freescale is using to release
its new source code on top of meta-fsl-arm. The supported board list
is limited and is usually available in its release notes. But I don't
believe sabrelite is supported, as it's not a board from Freescale.

I recommend you to use the fsl-community-bsp as is as sabrelite is
properly supported in there by Boundary Devices. You can see a blog
post[1] about how to build an image for Nitrogen6x (which works for
sabrelite board too). Just change "dylan" to "dora", the latest stable
release.

If you need kernel 3.10.17 you can have an early snapshot on
master-next, although it's a work in progress, so far.

1. http://www.ossystems.com.br/blog/2013/04/15/yocto-with-boundary-devices-nitrogen6x-5-steps-only.html