[meta-freescale] Qt5 + QtQuick2

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Jan 30 05:50:06 PST 2014

On 2014-01-30 06:36, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Thanks Otavio,
>
> On 01/29/2014 09:50 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Hello Eric,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Eric Nelson
>> <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
>>> We have a customer looking to verify Qt5+Qt Quick2 on a
>>> Nitrogen6x board using Yocto.
>>>
>>> Can anyone confirm the ability to compile and run
>>> the "Hello Qt-Quick2" sample app here?
>>>
>>>          http://linode.boundarydevices.com/testQuick2.tar.gz
>>>
>>> We haven't walked the steps, and are hoping to get some
>>> feedback on any current issues before we do.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any feedback.
>>
>> I didn't test your example but Cinematic demo we used (for one
>> customer here) is done in Quick and works very well.
>>

> This beats the heck out of "Hello, World"!

I agree, it is impressive.  On my SabreLite board, I had to use
this command sequence to run it and be able to use the touch panel:
   Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs -plugin tslib:/dev/input/touchscreen0

I also found it a little unstable, either the program or sometimes
the whole system locked up after a while (variable time - once it
was only 15 minutes, another time it ran for 36 hours...)