[meta-freescale] SX-SDCAN

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Thu Jan 30 02:59:43 PST 2014

On 30-01-2014 03:03, Morgan McKenzie wrote:
> Anyone?

> From: rmtm at uvic.ca
> To: meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
> Subject: SX-SDCAN
> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:42:54 -0700
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone else has near the same configuration as me - but
> I've been trying to enable the SX-SDCAN module for my imx6q sabre auto
> board. I've searched google and come up with a few things but none
> resulting in a fix, and am going to contact the manufacturer to see if
> they can help.
>
> I've built up an image based on core-image - I haven't configured the
> kernel but Atheros ath6kl support is enabled as a module.
>

> I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it (and more
> particularly success?)

no

> During the board's boot cycle it gives the following messages:
>
>     ath6kl: Failed to get board file ath6k/AR6003/hw2.1.1/bdata.bin
>     (-2), trying to find default board file.
>     ath6kl: Failed to get default board file
>     ath6k/AR6003/hw2.1.1/bdata.SD31.bin: -2
>     ath6kl: Failed to init ath6kl core
>     ath6kl_sdio: probe of mmc1:0001:1 failed with error -2
>
> And, these are the contents of /lib/firmware/ath6k/AR6003/hw2.1.1, so it
> seems to have the things I need there:
>
>     athwlan.bin
>
>     bdata.SD31.bin
>
>     bdata.SD32.bin
>     bdata.WB31.bin
>     bdata.bin -> bdata.SD31.bin
>     bdata.patch.bin
>     endpointpoing.bin
>     fw-2.bin
>     fw-3.bin
>     opt.bin
>

> Any help would be much appreciated!

So, you do have the module (*.ko) and you do have the firmware. I think
you have everything needed. The only missing piece would be the wifi
tools to control it.

What's your board? What changes did you make?

This is not exactly the right place to get help on this kind of issue
(as it does not related with yocto). Have you tried to post your
question in imx-community?

Daiane

> Morgan McKenzie

Daiane