[meta-freescale] imx6q: build yocto with hard float support

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 21:55:08 PST 2014

Hi all,

I would like to know whether I can build the Yocto root filesystem with
hard float support.

I would like to try out my java application using the jdk8 release
(snapshot developer preview) which is only available only in hard float as
of now.

I intend to use the filesystem on a custom hardware which is based on
sabresd platform.

Could anyone point out to me a link which may be detailing the steps to
build yocto for hard float or at least some point from where I can start ?

Would a hard float build also include hard float builds of Vivante GPU
libraries?

-Pj