[meta-freescale] Upgrading the kernel without having to install 600 kernel-modules

Tarek El-Sherbiny tarek.elsherbiny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 03:16:12 PST 2014

Hi All,

Every time I compile a new kernel and try to upgrade my image using smart
upgrade there are 600  kernel-modules that gets upgraded although I'm not
using any of these modules. This takes very long time. The reason for this
is the  kernel-modules package which includes all kernel modules available.
The kernel-modules package is included by imx-base.inc and every kernel
update this package gets updated.

How do I configure kernel-modules package to include only the modules I
need?

Thanks

--
*Tarek*