[meta-freescale] Video playback issue on yocto nitrogen6x/sabrelite

Alok Kumar alokkat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 15:40:33 PST 2014

I am not sure if I understood, I see
cat /proc/cmdline
enable_wait_mode=off video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24
video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=28M
console=ttymxc1,115200 vmalloc=400M consoleblank=0 rootwait
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 mxc_hdmi.only_cea=1

where video=mxcfb0:dev and  video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off
video=mxcfb3:off are off.

I am noticing that after export VSALPHA=1, mfw_isink pipeline runs only
once till next reboot. When  I try to run same pipeline again, it does not
produce any display and hand there forever. I think something is not set
correctly for sure.

Thanks
Alok

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Leonardo Sandoval <leo.san.gon at gmail.com>wrote:

> Alok, on the kernel command line, you need video=mxcfb*0*:..... Your
> video's params start at 1
>

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Alok Kumar <alokkat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I got yocto build with QT5 and all the gstreamer plugins including fsl
>> plugins. It made core-image-base image and booted up nitorgen6x board.
>> everything looks good and on display I see
>> "Please wait: booting"
>> also login
>>
>> My problem is when I play gstreamer pipeline (which has been working),
>> does not produce any video output on HDMI display.
>>
>> pipeline is playing and tested earlier to be working on non yocto build.
>> I think I am missing something here.
>>
>> local.conf has
>> CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " \
>> gst-plugins-bad-meta \
>> gst-plugins-good-meta \
>> gst-plugins-ugly-meta \
>> gst-ffmpeg \
>> gst-fsl-plugin \
>> gst-plugins-base-meta \
>> "
>>

>> at /proc/cmdline
>> enable_wait_mode=off video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24
>> video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=28M
>> console=ttymxc1,115200 vmalloc=400M consoleblank=0 rootwait
>> root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 mxc_hdmi.only_cea=1
>>
>> Could someone please advice why video playback does not come on HDMI
>> output.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Alok

Regards