[meta-freescale] Video playback issue on yocto nitrogen6x/sabrelite

Alok Kumar alokkat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:24:33 PST 2014

I got yocto build with QT5 and all the gstreamer plugins including fsl
plugins. It made core-image-base image and booted up nitorgen6x board.
everything looks good and on display I see
"Please wait: booting"
also login

My problem is when I play gstreamer pipeline (which has been working), does
not produce any video output on HDMI display.

pipeline is playing and tested earlier to be working on non yocto build.
I think I am missing something here.

local.conf has
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " \
gst-plugins-bad-meta \
gst-plugins-good-meta \
gst-plugins-ugly-meta \
gst-ffmpeg \
gst-fsl-plugin \
gst-plugins-base-meta \
"

at /proc/cmdline
enable_wait_mode=off video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24
video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=28M
console=ttymxc1,115200 vmalloc=400M consoleblank=0 rootwait
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 mxc_hdmi.only_cea=1

Could someone please advice why video playback does not come on HDMI output.

Thanks
Alok