[meta-freescale] Booting 3.5.7 kernel on imx6sabresd?

randy.krakora at freescale.com randy.krakora at freescale.com
Wed Jan 22 07:06:20 PST 2014

Ok, so I found the prebuilt images for my board here:

http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/releases/CURRENT/machines/imx6qsabresd/

I burned a card with one - core-image-minimal-imx6qsabresd.sdcard. It seemed to work to boot the kernel, so I copied my kernel and .dtb file to that card and it booted as shown below.

reading boot.scr
** Unable to read file boot.scr **
reading uImage
4667456 bytes read in 215 ms (20.7 MiB/s)
Booting from mmc ...
reading imx6q-sabresd.dtb
46128 bytes read in 20 ms (2.2 MiB/s)
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 12000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.5.7-1.0.0+3285970
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    4667392 Bytes = 4.5 MiB
   Load Address: 10008000
   Entry Point:  10008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 11000000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x11000000
OK
   Using Device Tree in place at 11000000, end 1100e42f

Starting kernel ...

<Hung here for many minutes>

So, it appears maybe there is something wrong with my kernel build? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
Randy Krakora