[meta-freescale] How to get Wayland to work with imx6>?

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Jan 21 05:01:18 PST 2014

Hello,

I tried to build core-image-weston to see Wayland in action on my imx6
machine. I am using OE (through yocto) master and meta-fsl-arm master.

I had to add DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " wayland opengl" to my local.conf
to get core-image-weston to build. However, weston could not start,
because a gallium gbm binary was missing.
 From what I understand, the way weston is built in OE, it uses mesa as
a hard dependency. I thought the meta-fsl-arm weston patches replaced
this so it uses the VIvante binaries and headers instead, but maybe I
was wrong. Either way, weston does not start.

What am I missing?

regards