[meta-freescale] Yocto Qt5 Integration for Wandboard - Kernel Panic

Jay Cady jcady92 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 13:21:13 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Qt5 with Yocto on the Wandboard Dual (i.MX6).  I've
been following these two tutorials:

http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Getting_started_with_Yocto_on_Wandboard
http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

The problem occurs when I am ready to bitbake the meta-qt5 recipe into the
core-image-minimal.  I add the recommended features to the local.conf and
remove the x11 and wayland components in order to get the eglfs drivers.
 Then I bitbake core-image-minimal, the bitbake succeeds fine.  I then run
a dd command to write the core-image-minimal-wandboard-dual.sdcard to my
sdcard.

Finally, upon inserting the sdcard into my wandboard, I boot it up and view
the output through serial.  The boot fails with a "Kernel panic - not
syncing: No init found.".

Here is the log of the first boot: http://pastebin.com/gr8LpMRU
And here is the log of when the board is reset: http://pastebin.com/eauuw3Q2

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thank you!