[meta-freescale] wandboard bug when fetching git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-kernel-tools.git

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Jan 17 07:28:46 PST 2014

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Gary Collins <Gary.Collins at oracle.com>wrote:

> wandboard bug when fetching git://
> git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-kernel-tools.git
>
> Has anyone else see the build failure not being able to fetch above URL.
>  I believe the workaround is to change
>
> From
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-kernel-tools.git
>
> to:
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-kernel-tools
>
> Is this correct and already fixed somewhere?  I'm building using "dora"
> branch.

I never saw this build failure.

What revision of OE-Core/Poky are you using?

You can see this in the very begin of build, when BitBake prints the
revisions of all layers. Please past it so we can see what are you doing.

> I want to be able to build one image for the 3 variants of wandboard.
>  Single,Dual,Quad configs?  I read somewhere that
> this is fixed with SPI boot or something like that.  How can I test this?

SPL U-Boot. This has been done in Wandboard U-Boot fork but we are not
using this here. So you still need one each for each variant.

The SPL U-Boot patches are being worked in U-Boot mailing list and more
work is need before they can be considered mergeable there (this is
off-topic here).