[meta-freescale] imx6q: vivante_drv.so failed to load

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 09:05:19 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm using yocto image for imx6q custom hardware (based on sabre-sd). The
image was build by me around 15th September. I'm yet to update my build.

Not sure if the following problem still persists in the new Yocto builds.

When starting xorg xsever I see in the Xorg log that vivante_drv.so failed
to load because of some undefined symbol and then I see AIGLX: using
software rendering.
I understand that because vivante_drv.so does not load so I do not get
hardware acceleration for my application that uses X.

Is this a known issue?
Has anyone experienced it before?

Any inputs will be of help.

-Pj