[meta-freescale] 3.5.7 kernel?

randy.krakora at freescale.com randy.krakora at freescale.com
Tue Jan 14 18:10:46 PST 2014

Fabio,

The project was started with 3.0.35 ltib in parallel with 3.5.7 Yocto, most of the work is done in 3.0.35, and we planned to move the updates to 3.5.7 Yocto as an interim step, then to 3.10.x. Only using 3.5.7, because some of the development is done there and the project timing may be jeopardized for starting again at 3.10 this soon. I know we did talk about moving straight to 3.10.x before Christmas, but I'm not sure the final decision here, I just want to make sure we can get 3.5.7 if we need to.

-Randy

> I'm trying to build the 3.5.7 kernel in Dylan branch - modifying
> local.conf as this:
>
> MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabresd'
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-imx_mx6="3.5.7"
>
> but seeing this when I build:
>
> NOTE: preferred version 3.5.7 of linux-imx not available (for item
> linux-imx)
> NOTE: versions of linux-imx available: 3.0.35
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> NOTE: preferred version 3.5.7 of linux-imx not available (for item
> kernel-base)
> NOTE: versions of linux-imx available: 3.0.35
> NOTE: preferred version 3.5.7 of linux-imx not available (for item
> kernel-image)
> NOTE: versions of linux-imx available: 3.0.35
> NOTE: Preparing runqueue
> NOTE: Tainting hash to force rebuild of task
> /home/randy/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linu
> x/linux-imx_3.0.35.bb,
> do_compile
>
> Is 3.5.7 no longer an option for linux-imx?

Can't you use 3.10 instead?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam