[meta-freescale] Using a defconfig refers to an in-tree defconfig file

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:29:15 PST 2014

I thought I would bounce this one of the mailing list.

Is there any reason why we shouldn't simply use the defconfig from the kernel
tree if appropriate?

We would do this by the defconfig file in the recipe refer to a filename in the
kernel tree. For example, in the file
recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wandboard-3.10.17/defconfig would be a single line:

    use-kernel-config=wandboard_defconfig

I've tested this already and it works.

As many of the kernels being used here are managing their own defconfigs
in-tree, they are forced to keep the defconfig in the metadata in-sync.  This
would be a way to remove that requirement.