[meta-freescale] Change DEBUG console port on SabreSD image

Niklas Molin niklas.p.molin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 07:31:08 PST 2014

Hi.

I'm working on a custom board and basing my image on the SabreSD board.
We used UART2 as Debug console port and wonder how I change from UART1 to
UART2 for the DEBUG console port?

Got u-boot I found mx6sabresd.h and changed CONFIG_MXC_UART_BASE
to UART2_BASE.
Do I also need to change CONFIG_CONSOLE_DEV to ttymxc1, or can I still
use ttymxc0?

For the Linux-image I found in defconfig:
CONFIG_CMDLINE(which includes the ttymxc and CONFIG_DEBUG_IMX_UART_PORT,
which I'll change to 2.

I just wanted to check if this is the right approach?

Do I need to change the ttymxc number or is it enough to change the UART
port number?

Thanks,
Niklas