[meta-freescale] Baffled by imx6qsabresd u-boot boot.scr

David Hill David.Hill at Oracle.com
Fri Feb 21 09:13:07 PST 2014

Hi all,
    I thought I knew just enough to be dangerous with u-boot scripts, usually working backwards from a u-boot printenv to figure out what needs to be in the script.
This time, I have fought this for too long and am hoping that someone will be able to point out what I am doing wrong.

Goal:
    add to mmcargs 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24' so I can use HDMI output from my imx6qsabresd (there is a touchscreen also hooked up but...)
(found the args in https://community.freescale.com/message/319071#319071)
When I do change the environment to add the args, I do boot, but can't do the same with a boot script
I would like to use a boot script so that I don't have to play with the environment when I want to switch devices, just switch cards.

Perhaps someone has a base script I can work from for the imx6qsabresd? I have the nitrogen6x script, but that relies on functions not present on the imx6qsabresd.

Starting with an image that will boot and display to the touchscreen.

What I tried: myscript.txt

setenv videoargs 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24'
setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${videoargs}'
run mmcboot

~/yocto$ ~/yocto/vanilla/fsl-community-bsp/imx6qsabresd_x11/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/mkimage -T script -C none -n 'My Script' -d myscript.txt boot.scr
Image Name:   My Script
Created:      Fri Feb 21 12:00:09 2014
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Script (uncompressed)
Data Size:    179 Bytes = 0.17 kB = 0.00 MB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Contents:
    Image 0: 171 Bytes = 0.17 kB = 0.00 MB

*Fails on:*
mmc1 is current device
reading boot.scr
243 bytes read in 9 ms (26.4 KiB/s)
Running bootscript from mmc ...
## Executing script at 12000000
Booting from mmc ...
reading imx6q-sabresd.dtb
46128 bytes read in 20 ms (2.2 MiB/s)
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 12000000 ...
    Image Name:   My Script
    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Script (uncompressed)
    Data Size:    179 Bytes = 179 Bytes
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point:  00000000
    Contents:
       Image 0: 171 Bytes = 171 Bytes
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
Unsupported Architecture 0x7
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

--
David Hill <David.Hill at Oracle.com>
Java Embedded Development

"The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously."
-- Henry Kissinger (1923 - )