[meta-freescale] how to build vivante_drv.so?

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Feb 19 03:39:38 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:16 AM, Prathamesh P Ghanekar
<prathamesh.ghanekar at igate.com> wrote:
> There is some confusion. We don't need xorg server. We need Vivante_drv.so
> i.e. vivante user-space driver compatible with xorg 13 and above, which
> doesn't seem to build with core-image-x11.
>
> When startx tries to load the driver (generated from the build), we get ABI
> version mismatch error between xorg server and vivante_drv.so.
>
> Xorg server version:13 (what we intend to use) OR 14:as the build generates,
> which we can think of using If need be.
>
> Whereas, Vivante driver:ABI version is 11.
>
> Hence the vesion mistatch!!

Are you using Yocto Project or cooking something yourself? In case you
are using YP, which branch?

vivante_drv.so is generated in core-image-x11 as it is build in
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-imxfb-vivante_3.5.7-1.0.0-alpha.2.bb

So I fail to see how it can mismatch. Except if you are doing
something weird ;-)