[meta-freescale] adding kernel configuration fragments to wandboard kernel

Mike Wilson mwilson at kymetacorp.com
Tue Feb 11 12:09:07 PST 2014

Q: what is the right way to modify the kernel config when using linux-wandboard recipes?

The yocto manuals say that you can define fragment files in your own layer, which I have done.
recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wandboard_3.0.35.bbappend is being read by the build system, and the .cfg files are being picked up, because they get copied to the kernel build directory:
.../build/tmp/work/wandboard_dual-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-wandboard/3.0.35-r0/i2c-spidev.cfg
defconfig is in the same directory.
The contents of i2c-spidev.cfg never make it into the git/.config file. I noticed that the code to do this is in kernel-yocto.bbclass, but this isn't included by any of the imx or wandboard kernel recipes. In fact, I attempted to include it, but I ended up with the yocto kernel source, hmm, not so good.

What is your suggestion? Forget the fragment idea?

Thanks a bunch!

Mike