[meta-freescale] Enabling SystemD

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Sun Feb 9 05:27:53 PST 2014

Hi Patrick,

On 02/08/2014 04:23 AM, Patrick K. wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just wanted to ask if it is normal, that when using a example-image
> like "fsl-image-test" with "SystemD" enabled, that I always have
> manually modify the kernel to make it booting properly?
>
> Does anybody has some experience with using "SystemD" as
> startup-manager? I disabled sysvinit completely as stated in the
> yocto-manual.
>
> What I need to add in my kernel configuration to make it work is:
>
> CONFIG_CGROUPS
> +
> CONFIG_FHANDLE
>
> Any thoughts about this. Could someone add this as patch, so that I
> don't have to add it manually everytime I rebuild an image?

Thanks for the ping on this.

If a patch is added, perhaps the remainder of the suggested
kernel configuration items should be added though:
	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/README

We're testing a set of patches on our kernel to this end, and
there don't appear to be any regressions:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/commit/d6cdf387e5ea0af8181e3f74d6a5d4a69da466b6

Regards,

Eric