[meta-freescale] Large rootfs corrupted by build system

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Feb 5 18:02:29 PST 2014

Hello George,

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 6:19 AM, George Hilliard <gh403 at msstate.edu> wrote:
> I have run into a very odd issue when building a custom Yocto "dora" image for the i.MX6 SABRE Auto.  When building a small image (final image is around 80MB), the image is generated just fine.  However, when I build a much larger image (around 2GB), the root filesystem is generated corrupt!  This is not a fluke; every time I regenerate the image, it is corrupt (according to fsck).

The 'fsck' information is interesting. How did you figure out this?
Does it happens during first boot?

Another question, did you try to use the generated ext3 file and make
the sdcard byhand to be sure it is generated fine? We need to isolate
the root cause being the 'sdcard' generation class or a ext3 utility
bug.