[meta-freescale] nfsroot boot

Timur Aydin ta at taydin.org
Sat Feb 1 08:56:53 PST 2014

Hello everybody,

In order to do efficient development on my imx6qsabresd card, I would
like to do an nfsroot boot.

The rootfs.ext3 image is already under tmp/deploy/images/imx6qsabresd,
there is also the uImage. But I need the vmImage, which is just the
kernel image, without uboot. This way, I will program u-boot once, and
after that, both the kernel image and the rootfs will be retrieved over
the network. I don't have to reflash the sdcard everytime I make a
change to the kernel.

So mu question is, how can I have bitbake create the vmImage?

--
Timur