[meta-freescale] Autologin as root

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Dec 30 06:18:52 PST 2014

Hello Daniel,

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Daniel C. A (NESTIT)
<daniel.ca at nestgroup.net> wrote:
>         Thanks for the reply. But it seems image.bbclass contains the function set_image_autologin ()
> 1) Isn’t it possible to inherit the same function in the .bb file while I bitbake?
> 2) Could you give me a reference that I can follow how to inherit the functions from classes?
> 3) If core-image-sato does'nt offer auto login, which would be the better recipe file for auto login?

This exists from the time we were using GPE more intensively, more
precisely by gpe-login package.

The gpe-login package has not been ported from OE Classic so it is not
in use (I sent a patch to drop this from image.bbclass) however you
can do something similar using the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND[1] to
change the login manager configuration file to enable autologin.

1. http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND

As I said previously you should do that making your own image, not
hacking core-image-sato.

About reference, the Yocto Project has a very good documentation and
we also wrote a book[2] on the subject, please take a look and take
the one which better serves you :)

2. bit.ly/1neUtSO

I hope it helps,

Best Regards,