[meta-freescale] i.MX6 based boards which are known to be broken in master

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Dec 20 12:22:17 PST 2014

Hello folks,

Since November 21th when I sent this e-mail, many things has been improved.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> As we have updated the meta-fsl-arm base BSP to 3.10.31-1.1.0 the
> following boards are know to be broken:
>
> imx6qsabrelite             Boundary Devices i.MX6Q SABRE Lite
>         Eric Nelson <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com>
> nitrogen6x                 Boundary Devices Nitrogen6X
>         Eric Nelson <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com>
> nitrogen6x-lite            Boundary Devices Nitrogen6X Lite
>         Eric Nelson <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com>
> cgtqmx6                    Congatec Qmx6
>         Alex de Cabo <alejandro.de-cabo-garcia at congatec.com>
> wandboard-dual             Wandboard i.MX6 Wandboard Duallite
>         Orphan
> wandboard-quad             Wandboard i.MX6 Wandboard Quad
>         Orphan
> wandboard-solo             Wandboard i.MX6 Wandboard Solo
>         Orphan

All those boards has been fixed and has 3.10.31-1.1.0 beta kernels in use. This
has solve the GPU ABI mismatch and allows for those to run well on master.

Another great news is that Alfonso Tames has volunteered to adopt the
Wandboard boards maintenance. Welcome aboard :)

So far, the only board which is still broken is Cubox-i / HummingBoard:

cubox-i                    SolidRun CuBox-i and HummingBoard
        Carlos Rafael Giani <dv at pseudoterminal.org>

It is important to fix those as soon as possible as non-working board
are going to be removed prior 1.8 release. Another reason to do this
update is to
allow users to use the board with the new software stack which will be available
in 3.10-1.1.0 GA release.