[meta-freescale] meta-fsl-ppc uses Openssl 1.0.1g in master

zhenhua.luo at freescale.com zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Tue Dec 16 18:51:48 PST 2014

Hi all,

Regarding the openssl version in fsl-ppc layer, as I commented in another email, the openssl recipes in current master branch of fsl-ppc layer includes some FSL specific patches, to ensure the package works on FSL PPC targets, the recipes should be reserved currently. The FSL QorIQ SDK 1.7 will be released soon, openssl will be upgraded to 1.0.1i, the update of recipes will be upstreamed to fsl-ppc layer after the SDK 1.7 release.  If there are security fixes in 1.0.1j, but not in 1.0.1i, those patches should be backported to fsl-ppc layer.

With regard to the gstreamer usage for imx platforms, I don't know how the openssl in fsl-ppc layer has influence for it? Since the PREFERRED_VERSION_openssl = "1.0.1g" is defined for FSL QorIQ PPC targets only.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua